Alumni Recital Series
Keisuke Nakagoshi ('06) piano
ZOFO duet, featuring Eva-Maria Zimmermann, piano
White Lies for Lomax
Synæsthesia (for four hands)
Rain Tree Sketch
The Rite of Spring (for four hands)
Piano Sonata No. 2 in B-flat Minor, Op. 36
- San Francisco Examiner
Since joining forces as a professional ensemble in 2009, internationally acclaimed solo pianists Eva-Maria Zimmermann and Keisuke Nakagoshi–– ZOFO ––have electrified audiences from Carnegie Hall to Osaka Japan with their dazzling artistry and outside-the-box thematic programming for piano-four-hands. This Grammy nominated, prize winning duo––one of only a handful of ensembles worldwide devoted exclusively to piano duets - is blazing a bold new path for piano-four-hands groups by focusing on 20th and 21st century repertoire and by commissioning new works from noted composers each year.
ZOFO, which is shorthand for 20-finger orchestra (ZO=20 and FO=finger orchestra), also performs heart-pumping duet arrangements of famous orchestral pieces such as Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, exploring the realms in which many composers first experienced their symphonic visions.
Since its inception in 2009, ZOFO has made some remarkable achievements:
- Two Grammy Nominations: Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance and Producer of the Year, Classical, for their first album MIND MELD
- First Place: 2010 Bradshaw & Buono International Piano Competition
- Carnegie Hall concert debut: May 2010
- Finalists: 2011 Osaka International Chamber Music Competition - only piano duo to be elevated to the final round
- Multi-Disc Recording Contract with Grammy Award winning Sono Luminus Records
Café menu available two hours before performance and during intermission.
www.sfcm.edu/cafe-creme. Order in advance at 415.503.6295 or email@example.com.
San Francisco, CA 94131
Website: Click to Visit